Soft Skills Are in High Demand
Today’s employers are hiring for soft skills with the intent to train for technical skills. What does this mean and why does it matter? The easiest route to obtain soft skills is to hire employees who already have them. Unfortunately, there is a large soft skills gap in the experienced employee sector. Many lack specific soft skills which today’s work environment requires.
According to an Adecco Staffing survey, there is a specific shortage in soft skills related to:
- Critical Thinking
BlackRain Partners offers customized soft skills training courses to meet the goals and objectives of each client. Our sessions are informative and highly interactive. Employee’s walk away with real-world soft skills that can be implemented immediately.
We teach employees how to:
- Develop positive relationships at work,
- Improve communication,
- Manage up to help their manager in achieving department goals,
- Be transparent and professional,
- Own their work with effective follow through,
- Hold themselves and others accountable,
- Encompass a collaborative attitude and actions,
- Be creative and open to new ideas,
- Respectfully listen to others,
- Use data to validate decision making,
- Solve problems with the root cause in mind,
- Identify and understand personality styles in the workplace,
- Identify and understand generational differences in the workplace.
“Collaboration is the best way to work. It’s the only way really. Everyone’s there because they have a set of skills to offer across the board” – Antony Starr